If you are looking forward to a career in aviation then the IIA Group’s institutes are the best Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Colleges in India. They have an intensive training program that covers subjects related to mechanical and avionics engineering.
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) is one of the popular Aviation Courses after 10+2. If you have at least 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry, you can opt for the AME Course and start earning at a young age. Candidates who have done diploma in Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics stream can also apply. The course follows the guidelines of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India.
Scope Of Job Opportunities After AME
After completion of Basic AME Course (1 year for Cat A or 2 years for Cat B) successfully, the students have to undergo Actual Maintenance Experience (1 Year for Category A & 2 years for Category B) and are then awarded with license to work as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer by the DGCA, Government of India.
After this, the engineer can apply for the following jobs:
1. Line Maintenance Mechanics
These engineers deal with inspection, testing, and maintenance of all the parts of an airplane as suggested by the fight engineers. They usually work at airfields and undertake emergency work.
2. Overhaul Mechanics
These engineers carry out the prescheduled maintenance work of aircraft. They usually work in hangars or wherever the aircraft are parked. They inspect, test, and maintain an aircraft after completing the pre-specified number of flying hours.
The IIA Group, having the topmost Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Colleges in Delhi, imbibes many other qualities in the students besides the curriculum. The students develop other skills like mathematical ability, accountability, working under harsh conditions, patience, accuracy, and the ability to take orders correctly
IIA Group has the best placement college in India, and you can get jobs with:
- Aircraft manufacturing companies
- Flying clubs or teaching clubs
- Private airlines
- National airlines
- International airlines
- Defense Research & Development Organization
- Aircraft-parts manufacturing industries
- Aircraft manufacturing industries
Some of the key players in India are:
- Air India
- Pawan Hans
- Defense Research & Development Laboratories
- Civil Aviation Department (Government of India)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Helicopter Corporation of India
- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
- EASA Part 66
After going through the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Admission process and passing the 3-year engineering course, the candidates can also do one of the EASA Part 66 Aviation Courses. The IIA Group offers the Category B1.1 course that deals with maintenance of turbines.
AME Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Salary
- A qualified and licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can earn up to Rs.304900/- (approximately) per month.
- Electrical Engineers are paid around Rs.350084 (approximately) per year.
- Pay package will depend upon the additional knowledge of AutoCAD, Design, C Programming, etc.
- After some year of experience, the AMEs move on to other jobs like Maintenance Manager, Chief Engineer, Operations Manager, etc. with annual salaries ranging from 7 Lakhs to 17 Lakhs.